learn rust by building real applications | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jack kayle
jack kayle Oct 11 '22

You have probably heard of the Learn Rust by Building Real Applications – a modern systems language that is blazingly fast, guarantees memory safety without the use of a garbage collector and most importantly is fun to write. It has a great community and excellent tooling.

These are just some of the reasons why Rust was voted the most loved programming language for five years in a row. Rust is the proof that systems programmers can have nice things.

In this course you will learn the fundamentals of Rust. The format will be a bit different than most other courses. learn rust by building real applicationsInstead of jumping between unrelated concepts in every video and showing examples that have nothing to do with the real world use of the language, we will learn entirely through practice.

Together we will build real Rust applications Learn Rust by Building Real Applications and introduce new concepts when we need them to solve actual problems.

To start there will be a short theoretical section on low level memory management.

Then to introduce the basics of Rust we will build a simple Learn Rust by Building Real Applications

command line application. This will provide us with the necessary knowledge to tackle a much larger project.

Ryann Beatty
Ryann Beatty Oct 14 '22
I think it's great that Rust is a safe language, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to be used as a main programming language. It doesn't have great performance, and there are many features missing. You should browse this site for best ideas. But I think it's great that people are trying to make Rust better by building real applications instead of just learning theory.