become a wordpress developer unlocking power with code | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jack kayle
jack kayle Oct 11 '22

Unlock the full power of WordPress Developer and go beyond “just a blog platform” by learning how to code completely custom WordPress powered sites.

Updated for 2019: A new 3 part lesson on become a wordpress developer unlocking power with codecoding our own custom block type for the new “Gutenberg” Block Editor in WordPress.

I’ve spent the last 12 years studying WordPress, PHP, and JavaScript and now I’m here to teach you everything I know. Come along on this journey with me and become a WordPress developer.

Together we will build a website for a fictional university and along the way we will:

·        Install WordPress on your personal computer WordPress Developer so you have a private playground copy of WordPress to practice and experiment with

·        Get introduced to the PHP language (this is what powers WordPress)

·        Set Up a New Theme (You’ll learn how to convert any HTML template into a living breathing WordPress theme)

·        Create Custom Post Types and Custom Fields

·        Relate pieces of content with each other (e.g. a professor and a program)

·        Learn the basics of (object-oriented) JavaScript

·        Leverage the WP REST API

·        Learn to use JavaScript to communicate with the WordPress Developer back-end on-the-fly

·        Let visitors sign up for a basic account on our site Build a “My Notes” feature (user specific single page application with real-time CRUD actions)